Pages

Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Verizon Got iPhone - About Time

Unless you've been living under a rock, you probably know that today the iPhone was released for Verizon today. Huge news for the company who originally passed up on the iPhone (but had a nice save by picking up Android devices). Now the battle of iPhone vs Android no longer is a fight between services, it truly will reflect which is the better phone. But with the newly adopted iPhone, will Verizon become Americas even more prominent service provider? Most people I know with AT&T have an iPhone, and switched for that purpose. But with Verizon’s reliability and large network, it is possible that many AT&T customers will switch to Verizon when their contracts end. Either way, with iPhone holding a considerable amount of smarthphone users in the US, I have no doubt that those numbers will rise, as will customers switching to Verizon.

But even though Verizon will be carrying the iPhone soon (February 10 release, Feb 2 preorders), I don't recommend you change quite yet, or even use that upgrade that you have on it now (you can wait to feed your angry birds thirst). Because every year apple releases a new 'iProduct' late in June every year, and with june rapidly approaching, what is waiting another couple of months? Maybe by then even the White iPhone will be released....never mind, I can’t even believe I just considered that.

1 comment:

  1. I, for one, was considering leaving Verizon when my contract was up....but now I am staying!

    ReplyDelete